In France, yoghurt cake is an institution, there are a lot of versions and it’s the first cake children learn to bake in school. It’s so easy you don’t even need a set of scales or a sieve! Use the yoghurt pot to measure out the ingredients.
- 1 small pot plain yoghurt
- 2 small pots of granulated sugar
- 1 small pot of sunflower oil
- 3 small pots of self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- a few drops of flavouring eg. vanilla extract or lemon extract works well but you can experiment with anything!
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture into a 25cm greased, round tin or 2 sandwich tins and bake at 180C for around 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. If making a sandwich cake fill with jam, chocolate spread or butter cream filling when cool.