For the base:
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g melted butter
For the filling:
- 400g tin of condensed milk (or nearest to this amount)
- finely grated zest & juice of 5 large limes
- 284 ml carton of double cream (or nearest to this amount)
- 30g good quality dark chocolate, melted
- 6-8 thin lime wedges & slivers of zest
You also need a 20cm loose bottomed caked tin, greased.
Blitz biscuits in a food processor until they are like fine bread crumbs and then combine with the melted butter.
Press the mixture into the base and 4cm up the sides of the cake tin. Chill the base while you make the filling.
Whisk together the filling ingredients until thick and creamy. Spoon over the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour.
Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and leave to set. Before serving, decorate with the lime wedges and zest.
Serves 6 – 8.