- 100g (4oz) cooked chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml (7fl oz) passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g (7oz) peeled raw king prawns
- 300g (5oz) skinless cod, cut into 2.5cm (1in) chunks
- 2tbsp chopped fresh basil & crusty bread to serve.
Heat a large pan and cook the chorizo until golden all over. Remove from the pan, leaving the oil. Turn the heat down low and add the onion to the pan, allowing to cook for 5 minutes until soft.
Add the garlic for a further minute, then add the oregano, tinned tomatoes, passata and paprika and let it simmer for 20 minutes before adding the red wine vinegar and seasoning to taste.
Add the chorizo, beans, prawns and cod to the pan just before serving and cook for about 5 minutes or until the prawns have turned pink, then fold through the basil and serve in bowls with warm crusty bread.